The League’s program consists of those governmental issues that the League has chosen for concerted study and action at the national, state or local level. Steps in adopting a position are:
- Formal adoption (by members at an annual meeting or by state/national convention delegates) of an issue for study.
- Member study and agreement on broad concepts.
- Formulation of a position by the appropriate board of directors.
- Action as directed by the board of directors.
- Annual or biennial re-adoption of the position.
Link to LWVUS section on “Overview of Program” for a complete summary.