The Scharfman Fund supports all of LWVMA’s voter registration, education, engagement, and protection activities.
In 2018, the Fund’s MOVE 2018 initiative voter education and engagement initiative included:
- InformedVoterMA.org Online Voters’ Guide: This interactive guide included comprehensive, nonpartisan information about candidates for U.S. Senate, Congressional, Governor/Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Treasurer, Auditor, state legislature, District Attorney, County Commissioner, Registrar of Deeds, Clerk of Courts, and Governor’s Council. The guide for the general election also included information about the three statewide ballot questions. Over 80,000 Massachusetts voters used our guide.
- Public Service Announcements: The outstanding winning videos from our high school video contest reminded eligible voters to “Get In the Game…and Vote!”
- Educational Materials: Print and digital materials distributed throughout the state provided voters with information about election laws and reminded voters to register online and vote early.
- Voter Protection: League staff and volunteers monitored polling places on election day and answered calls on the Election protection hotline.
- Candidate forums and voter registration.