Dates to Remember
|October 22 – November 4||Early voting period (for MA Election)|
|October 29||Voter registration deadline (for MA Election)|
|November 1||Mail-in ballot application deadline (for MA Election)|
|November 8||Massachusetts Election Day|
Register to Vote
Click here for more information. Click here to register to vote online. Click here to download a voter registration form.
- Vote early in person. Early voting hours and locations are on your town’s website (early voting may not be at your normal polling place.)
- You can vote on Election Day, between 7 am and 8 pm.
- You can find your local polling place at www.WhereDoIVoteMA.com
Apply for a by-mail ballot using the application sent to your home, the online application here, or download and print an application here. Your ballot will arrive in a few days.
- The applications and the mail-in ballots come with prepaid postage.
- Return your ballot by mailing it, depositing it in your town’s ballot drop box, bringing it to your local election office, or dropping it off at an early voting location. Click here to find your local election offices and drop boxes.
Impact of the VOTES Act
Learn exactly how the new VOTES Act reforms will impact the fall elections—directly from the person who runs elections in Massachusetts! Michelle Tassinari, director of the elections division in the Secretary of State’s office, spoke to League members in a webinar Tuesday, August 2nd. Tassinari discussed how the new law will affect the Secretary’s office and local elections officials—town clerks and city election officers, as well as individual voters. And she offered some suggestions on how the League can help with these changes. Watch the recording here.
Local Leagues: please consider adding a link to the guide on your website and publicizing it on your social media accounts. Local League webmasters can either install a widget or QR Code, or upload a graphic and have it link to VOTE411.org. Here is the widget code and QR instructions.
Ballot Question Forums
- Ballot Question #1 (Additional Tax on Income Over One Million Dollars) Nonpartisan forum, sponsored by LWV Boston. Watch the recording here.
- Ballot Question # 2 (Regulation of Dental Insurance) & Ballot Question #3 (Expanded Availability of Licenses for the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages). Nonpartisan forum, cosponsored by LWV Sharon-Stoughton; LWV Needham; LWV Salem; LWV Andover-N. Andover; LWV Newton. Watch the recording here.
- Ballot Question #4 “Safer Roads for a Stronger Commonwealth” cosponsored by LWVMA and Transportation for Massachusetts coalition (T4MA). LWVMA supports a YES vote on Question 4. Watch the recording here.
Social Media Graphics
Local Leagues: click here to download election season VOTE411 social media graphics and sample posts.
Election 2022 Information Sheet
Click here to download an election 2022 information sheet.
Local Leagues: please distribute this sheet at your voter registration tables!
Download the yard signs below to have them printed by your local printer! (Click the link below to open the graphic, then save the image to your computer.)