League of Women Voters of Massachusetts
The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts, a non-profit, non-partisan civic organization, seeks a dynamic, experienced Executive Director to help lead it into its second century empowering voters and defending democracy.
Since its founding in 1920, LWVMA has been a respected and trusted voice for citizen participation in our democracy at the state level. LWVMA has been at the forefront of efforts to empower and educate Massachusetts voters. It is the voice of the League at the State House, working on a wide range of legislation. LWVMA supports the 47 local Leagues across the state as they work in their own communities and offers opportunities for those local Leagues to work together and to learn from each other. The League of Women Voters is a three-tiered grassroots membership organization that operates at the national, state, and local levels. Membership in the League is open to all.
Summary Job Description
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the key management leader of LWVMA, serving as the public face of the League with the President/Co-Presidents.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Overseeing the operations, finances, and programs of two interlocking 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations
- Leading fundraising efforts including major donor solicitation, corporate donor gifts, and grants
- Developing and executing a plan to communicate the League’s mission and priorities to a variety of constituencies
- Promoting relationships and collaborations with other non-profit, business, government and civic groups
- Stimulating active collaboration with the Board of Directors and statewide Committees for strategic direction and organizational effectiveness
- Supporting the grassroots work of local Leagues, in partnership with the Board, with tools and leadership opportunities
- Representing LWVMA with the President/Co-Presidents at the national level
- Supporting legislative advocacy through coordination with legislative specialists
- Developing and executing educational forums and events
- Growing and diversifying LWVMA’s membership
- Hands-on supervising and daily work with small staff
- Commitment to the League’s mission
- Strong oral, writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with staff, board, volunteers, donors, media, and community leaders
- Experience fundraising from major donors, corporations and foundations
- Experience with budget oversight, audit preparation and review
- Experience in event planning and management
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Quickbooks, database and website management
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Prior work with volunteers
- Supervisory experience critical; demonstrated team building a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus
The position is full time.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience; health benefits and paid time off
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to HumanResources@lwvma.org