The League of Women Voters of Massachusetts, a non-profit, non-partisan civic organization, seeks a dynamic, experienced Executive Director to help lead it into its second century empowering voters and defending democracy.
Since its founding in 1920, LWVMA has been a respected and trusted voice for citizen participation in our democracy. With 46 local Leagues throughout the state, LVWMA has been at the forefront of efforts to empower and educate Massachusetts voters and effect change on a wide range of issues. The League of Women Voters is a three-tiered membership organization that operates at the national, state, and local levels. Membership in the League is open to men and women of all ages.
Summary Job Description
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the key management leader of LWVMA, serving as the public face of the League with the President/Co-Presidents.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Overseeing the operations, finances, and programs of two interlocking 501(c)(3) and (c)(4) organizations
- Leading fundraising efforts including major donor solicitation, corporate donor gifts, and grants
- Developing and executing a plan to communicate the League’s mission and priorities to a variety of constituencies
- Promoting relationships and collaborations with other non-profit, business, government and civic groups
- Working in collaboration with the Board of Directors, statewide Committees, and local Leagues
- Representing LWVMA at the national level
- Supporting legislative advocacy
- Executing educational forums and events
- Growing and diversifying LWVMA’s membership
- Managing a small staff in Boston
- Commitment to the League’s mission
- Strong oral, writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with staff, board, volunteers, donors, media, and community leaders
- Experience fundraising from major donors, corporations and foundations
- Experience with budget oversight, audit preparation and review
- Experience in event planning and management
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Quickbooks, database and website management
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Prior work with volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus
The position is full time.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience; health benefits and paid time off
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to HumanResources@lwvma.org.