As a member of the League of Women Voters, you belong to a network, organized on the national, state and local levels, which is committed to making democracy work. Whether you have time to be an active volunteer or simply want to show your support, you will be part of a movement working toward active engagement of citizens in their government.
LWVMA is an organization fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in principle and in practice. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to the organization’s current and future success in engaging all individuals, households, communities, and policy makers in creating a more perfect democracy.
Membership in the League provides skill-building experience and opportunities in:
- voter engagement
- issues research
- legislative process
- persuasive speaking, active listening, and writing for impact
- advocacy and change agency
And, as a member, you will receive:
- Mass. League Action Newsletter, the State League monthly legislative newsletter
- Invitations to statewide educational programs, Council, and Convention
- Emailed legislative action alerts to help you communicate with your own senators and representatives
- Opportunities to participate in League studies, committees, and task forces and to be part of a national and statewide movement
How to Join
You can join through a local League or as a Member at Large. Membership is open to all men and women of any age. Membership dues are not tax-deductible.
Join a Local League
There are 47 local Leagues across Massachusetts. Joining a local League provides the opportunity to be actively involved in local, state and national issues.
If there is a League in your area, you can contact that League directly to join.
Click here for a list of local Leagues with links to their websites.
If you are interested in joining a League, but there is no website, send us a message.
Join or Renew Your Membership as a Massachusetts Member at Large
If you don’t see a League in your area, you can join LWVMA as a Member at Large.
- Fill out our Member at Large online membership form. You will be able to pay by credit card or by check. If you prefer, you may also download our Member at Large printable membership form to print and submit by mail.
Interested in forming a local League?
If there is no League presence in your community and you are interested in forming a local League, please let us know and we will help you get started.
Starting a League is a great opportunity to increase civic education and engagement in your community. The process for starting a new League includes meetings with LWVMA representatives, mentoring, and other means of support until the new League is ready to be independent. Information on starting a new League can be found here.