The League of Women Voters of Framingham is a nonpartisan grassroots organization. We encourage the informed and active participation of citizens in government, work to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influence public policy through education and advocacy. For more information about the Framingham Unit, check out this interview featuring the Framingham Unit president, Stephanie Deeley.
As a member of the League of Women Voters, you belong to a network, organized on the national, state and local levels, which is committed to making democracy work. Whether you have time to be an active volunteer or simply want to show your support, you will be part of a movement working toward active engagement of citizens in their government. To join online click here. You can also download a paper application to send in by mail.
Thank you for your support of the League of Women Voters of Framingham Unit. Giving to the League of Women Voters continues the mission to promote citizens’ active involvement in our democracy.
Support the Framingham Unit’s advocacy and lobbying on issues. A gift of this kind is not tax-deductible. Click here to donate.
Give to the Framingham Unit’s Citizen Education Fund to support civic education and voter service. A gift of this kind is tax-deductible. Click here to donate.
- Join us at the Framingham Concerts on the Green. These free events take place on Friday nights from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm on the Common and offer live music and the opportunity to support the local businesses who sell refreshments. The Framingham Unit of the League of Women Voters has a booth at these events where you can register to vote, join the League of Women Voters, and find out about local LWV events. We hope to see you there!
- August Meeting, Monday, August 7th from 7 until 8:30 p.m., Community Room, McAuliffe Branch Library
- LWV Framingham Unit President, Stephanie Deeley, will be a guest on the Audrey Hall Show being taped in Framingham on August 23rd! Tune in for more information on the establishment of the Framingham Unit of the League of Women Voters, and for information about upcoming events.
- Preliminary Election Candidate Showcase, September 9th from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., Nevins Hall, Framingham. There will be opportunity to submit questions for the Mayoral and At-home City Council candidates followed by statements from District City Council candidates. For more information click here.
- September Meeting, Tuesday, September 12 from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., Community Room McAuliffe Branch Library
- On September 23rd the Framingham Unit of the League of Women Voters will be fielding a team for the 6th Annual Purple Passion Run/Walk to Break the Silence here in Framingham. For more information on this event, and to join our team and donate, please click here.
- Preliminary Election, September 26
- General Election Candidate Showcases, October 14 for District City Councilor positions, and October 28th for Mayoral and At Large City Councilor positions. Both of these events are in Nevins Hall and times TBD.
- General Election, November 7th
Stephanie Deeley, Framingham Unit President