LWVMA Is pleased to co-sponsor a forum on criminal justice reform, “The Politics of Justice: Comprehensive Criminal Justice Reform in Massachusetts,” along with the Leagues in Arlington and Winchester.
The forum will be Saturday, March 25, 12:45-5:00 p.m., at the First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, 630 Massachusetts Ave. in Arlington Center. You can preregister here.
Speakers will include:
- Sen. Will Brownsberger on the Council of State Governments omnibus bill
- Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan on restorative justice
- Idris Abdullah of Teens Leading the Way on juvenile justice
- Sen. Ken Donnelly on mental health issues and pretrial reform
- Cassandra Bensahih of Jobs Not Jails on the Justice Reinvestment Act
- Rahsaan Hall of the ACLU‑MA’s Racial Justice Program on the racial implications of this season’s proposed legislation.
There will be also time for networking and action opportunities, and Bill Gardiner, Colleen Kirby and Rep. Dave Rogers will offer an optional 30-minute workshop on interacting effectively with legislators.
This forum is organized by the Mass Incarceration Working Group and co-sponsored by 25 organizations. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.