This section is designed to help with questions, issues or concerns that may arise when managing your League. The national League (LWVUS) and state League (LWVMA) have developed a considerable number of documents and suggestions to address the business side of League management.
Materials for new (and not so new) presidents and board members: Here are a few highly recommended resources:
- Local League Basics (2016), from LWVMA, has basic information about governance, membership, communications, and finance.
- Policies & Guidelines from LWVUS contains tools to assist Leagues in understanding operating procedures, onboarding new leadership, and implementing new processes.
- League Logo and Branding contains the latest look in logos and more. This information is handy for letterheads and templates, especially if you don’t have a communications pro in your organization! There’s even a website template kit listed.
- Online Organizing Toolkit is a must! This 24-page document (pdf format) helps you think through your strategy for organizing and communications.
- Local League Job Descriptions: President, Board or Steering Committee Member, Treasurer, Membership Chair
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your League. Click here to download the Local League Vitality Assessment Tool.
- Business Card Templates for local Leagues
- Information for Treasurers: Managing local League finances is critical to the success of a vibrant and thriving League. Guidance tips and current information on PMPs are addressed in this document from LWVMA.
- LWV Guidance documents: Membership and Leadership Development are key to sustaining your organization. These documents developed by LWVUS include ideas and suggestions, and things to think about on all facets of managing a League, such as coaching, visibility, leadership, program and more!
- Archiving League Records
- LWVMA PMP Explanation