Every two years local Leagues, Units and Members-at-Large have an opportunity to propose areas of focus for LWVMA Program and Action for the next biennium through State Program Planning.
The following dates lead up to the 2019 Convention, when members will adopt the final program.
Dates for State Program Planning 2019
- 1/28/2019 Program Planning Guide distributed to local Leagues
- 3/7/2019 Local Leagues submit program and action recommendations form to LWVMA
- 4/4/2019 LWVMA Board develops program and action recommendations
- 4/26/2019 LWVMA distributes program and action recommendations plus any non-recommended proposals to local Leagues for review
- 5/17/2019 Local Leagues may suggest changes or additions to LWVMA Board-recommended program to LWVMA prior to Convention
- 6/7-8/2019 Adoption of LWVMA Program for 2019-2021 at Convention
Highlights of State Program Planning
- This is your opportunity to have input into the state League’s action priorities and areas to study, together referred to as “program.”
- LWVMA is seeking input on two areas:
- Action Priorities – areas to focus action within current positions
- New study, review and update of current LWVMA positions, concurrence – areas to change or create new positions
- In the Program Planning Guide, the state League has proposed a set of Action Priorities. Local Leagues, Units, and Members-at-Large are welcome to add, change or modify.
- The state board is not recommending a new study, review or update, but you are welcome to do so.
- For Leagues and Units, Program Planning can be discussed and completed during a board meeting, membership meeting, a special meeting, or in conjunction with local program planning.
- Download, complete and submit (via email) suggestions on the recommendation form. Email it as an attachment to email@example.com. See detailed instruction in the Guide.
- Members-at-Large are welcome to submit input using the Recommendation Form for Members-at-Large.
Program Planning Materials
- Program Planning Guide
- Program Planning Recommendation Form for Local Leagues and Units
- Program Planning Recommendation Form for Members-at-Large
- Appendix of LWVMA and LWVUS positions (shortened reference, derived from Where We Stand and Impact on Issues)
- Where We Stand (LWVMA positions), the LWVMA program book
- Impact on Issues 2016-2018, the LWVUS program book