Every two years local Leagues, Units, and Members-at-Large have an opportunity to propose areas of focus for LWVMA Program and Action for the next biennium through State Program Planning.
The following dates lead up to the 2021 Convention, when members will adopt the final program.
Dates for State Program Planning 2021
|1/04-08/2021||Program Planning Guide distributed to local Leagues|
|3/25/2021||Local Leagues submit program and action recommendations form to LWVMA|
|April 2021||LWVMA Board develops program and action recommendations|
|5/14/2021||LWVMA distributes program and action recommendations plus any non-recommended proposals to local Leagues for review|
|6/4/2021||Local Leagues may suggest changes or additions to LWVMA Board-recommended program to LWVMA prior to Convention|
|6/25-26/2021||Adoption of LWVMA Program for 2021-2023 at Convention|
Highlights of State Program Planning
- This is your opportunity to have input into the state League’s action priorities and areas to study, together referred to as “program.”
- LWVMA is seeking input on two areas:
- Action Priorities and Goals – areas to focus action within current positions
- New study, review and update of current LWVMA positions, concurrence – areas to change or create new positions
- In the Program Planning Guide, the state League has proposed a set of Action Priorities and Goals. Local Leagues, Units, and Members-at-Large are welcome to add, change, or modify.
- The State Board is not recommending a new study, review or update, but you are welcome to do so.
- For Leagues and Units, Program Planning can be discussed and completed during a board meeting, membership meeting, a special meeting, or in conjunction with local program planning.
- Members-at-Large should submit input using the Recommendation Form for Members-at-Large.
- Download, complete and submit (via email) suggestions on the recommendation form. Email it as an attachment to email@example.com. See detailed instruction in the Guide.
Program Planning Materials
- Program Planning Guide
- Program Planning Recommendation Form
- List of Actions Priorities and Goals
- Where We Stand (2020)
- Impact on Issues (2020-2022)