Calling all students! Help empower voters and defend democracy with the League of Women Voters.
Sign up for a FREE student membership between September 16 – October 31st and you will be entered into a drawing to win an Apple iPad Air! Click here to sign up now. Help us spread the word — click here to download a flyer.
The drawing is open to all Massachusetts high school students (grades 9 and up) and college students. The drawing will be on November 14th. The winner will be contacted by email.
Learn more about how students can participate in the League:
Ways to be involved in the League of Women Voters:
- Help to register voters
- Volunteer with your town or city to be a poll worker
- Advise League members about issues of concern to young adults.
- Assist League members at candidate forums
- Assist League members with issue based forums to educate the community.
- Develop outreach to young adults to encourage them to vote
- Participate in League advocacy events for issues you care about
- Promote participation in student-led civics projects at your school
- Assist in developing smart, creative promotional materials on voting and on LWV
What you can learn from being in the League of Women Voters:
- How the legislative process works
- How to advocate for legislation
- Understand how policy is developed
- Learn about coalitions as a way to create more support for policy
- Meet local candidates for public office and existing public office holders.
- Understand the elements of making democracy work
Thank you to our sponsor, ihloom Cybersecurity!