Vote411 Voter Guide
Get the election information you need at vote411.org!
The state primary election will be held Tuesday, Sept. 1, and the last day to register to vote is Aug. 12. This primary election includes the race for U.S. Senate, as well as any primary contests for Representatives to Congress or state Senators or Representatives. The general election, including the race for President, will be Tuesday, Nov. 3. The last day to register to vote is Oct. 14. Early voting will be available Oct. 19 through Oct. 30. The online voter guide will be updated for each of these elections.
Consider writing a letter to the editor of your local paper alerting them to the VOTE411.org site. You can find a template here.
Tools for Voter Registration
- How to Register to Vote (Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth)
- Check Your Voter Registration Status
- Where to Vote
- Voter Registration in Massachusetts
- LWVUS High School Voter Registration Training Manual
- Sample High School Voter Registration Flyer
- LWVUS Naturalization Ceremony Voter Registration Toolkit
- Automatic Voter Registration FAQ (Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth)
Voter Registration Activities During COVID-19
Candidate Forums – General Information
- Using Zoom for Candidate Forums Training, Sept. 15, 2020: forum recording and presentation slides
- Tips for avoiding Zoom bombings at virtual candidate forums
- Policy for Candidates Debates and Forums (LWVMA)
- FAQs: Candidate Forums and Debates (LWVUS)
- Presentation (Council 2012) on Multi-League Candidate Forums
- “Candidating”: An Innovative Approach to Candidate Events
- Candidating Powerpoint
- LWVMA Guide to Asking Unbiased Questions
- Policy for participating in coalitions
Tools for Debates and Forums
- General Task List
- Sample Letters, Waivers, and Letterhead
- Sample Forum Timing Schedule
- Sample Moderator Script
- Sample Questions for Debates and Voters
- Sample Ground Rules
Tools For Getting Out the Vote
Local Leagues should feel free to share the YouTube links for the winning videos from LWVMA’s “Get In the Game and Vote” contest on their websites, Facebook, and Twitter. The YouTube links can be accessed via the press release below.