Please RSVP below to join our 95th birthday celebration featuring remarks by Secretary of Transportation Stephanie Pollack.
Fundraising and Voter Service Workshop
Saturday, March 7; 11 am-3 pm
Norwood Elks Lodge
152 Winslow Avenue, Norwood, MA
Thirty-six people attended the Lunch which had two focuses: fundraising and voter service. The goal was for every League to leave the Lunch with at least one new idea for fundraising and one for voter service.
The fundraising portion featured general fundraising principles and resources, followed by representatives from Leagues around the state presenting their successful fundraisers, and finishing with a roundtable discussion to share more fundraising successes.
For the voter service portion resources, empty chair debates, encouraging people to run for office, and ideas for LWVMA voter activities were the highlights.
- LWV Norwood Planning a Fundraising Year
- Fundraising Introduction
- LWV Newton Champagne and Chocolate Fundraiser
- LWV Winchester: Putting on a Show (Jimmy Tingle) (write-up) (program)
- LWV Greater Haverhill Vote Boat
- LWVMA Citizen Education Fund Resources
- Voter Service Resources and Empty Chair Debates
- Encouraging Running for Office
- League Connections
View the Slide Show
LWVMA League Leaders’ Lunch
Membership and Leadership Development Training Workshop
Saturday, October 25, 2014; 11 am-3 pm
Best Western Royal Plaza, Marlborough, MA 01752
The focus of this event was membership and leadership development. The Membership and Leadership Development (MLD) Program coaches led the interactive workshops.
50 League members attended. The cost was $20 per attendee.
(click on the topic for corresponding handouts)
- Welcome and Introductions (Anne Borg and Marilyn Peterson, LWVMA Co-Presidents)
- Opening Exercise (Jean Cherdack, LWVMA Director; Anne Borg)
- Workshop 1 “Making the ASK” (Carol Bullivant, MLD Coach, LWV Hamilton-Wenham)
- Nominating Committee (Shelia Martin, Chair)
- Phonathon (Dee Ortner, LWVMA Secretary/Development Chair, LWV Concord-Carlisle)
- Workshop 2 “Developing Leaders” (Dee Ortner, MLD Coach)
- Workshop 3 “Event Planning Checklist” (Pam Holland, MLD Coach, LWV Westford)
- Wrap-up (Karen Price, LWVMA Vice President, LWV Needham)
- Pick up Phonathon materials (Dee Ortner)
League Opportunities Sign Up Sheet
League Opportunities–sign up for statewide committees, task forces and roles.
Membership and Leadership Development Program
For information on the MLD program and application, click here.