New Voter Registration Information and Voting Changes
New Fall Elections Bill Signed Into Law: Click here for a summary.
Vote By Mail
Voting by mail is available to all voters for all elections in 2020. You do not need an excuse to vote by mail this year.
To vote by mail, all you need to do is:
- Complete a Vote by Mail Application;
- Deliver your application to your local election office;
- Vote by filling out your ballot when it arrives;
- Return your ballot to ensure your vote is counted.
Applications must reach your local election office by August 26 for the State Primary. Applications must reach your local election office by October 28 for the State General Election.
State Primary ballots need to be back at your local election office by 8 p.m. on September 1.
State General Election ballots need to be postmarked no later than November 3 and must be back at your local election office no later than November 6.
Apply early, in order to have enough time to return your ballot.
All registered voters should have received a ballot application in the mail by now. If you did not receive your ballot application, go here to download an application. For more information on voting by mail, see the Sectary of Commonwealth’s page on Voting by Mail FAQs.
To allow for greater flexibility during the 2020 election cycle, the criteria for being a poll worker has been revised. If you are interested in becoming a poll worker, click here for further information.
Major Provisions of the New Election Bill
Click here for more information.
Election 2020 Timeline (English and Spanish)
Election 2020 Resources for Local Leagues
- Register to vote in the primary (graphic formatted to print on a yard sign)
- Vote early in the MA Primary (graphic formatted to print on a yard sign)
- Primary election day (graphic formatted to print on a yard sign)
- Massachusetts Voter Table Toolkit