New Voter Registration Information and Voting Changes
New Fall Elections Bill Signed Into Law: Click here for a summary.
Vote By Mail
Voting by mail is available to all voters for all elections in 2020. You do not need an excuse to vote by mail this year.
To vote by mail, all you need to do is:
- Complete a Vote by Mail application, either by using the paper form or the new Mail-in Ballot Application System;
- Deliver your application to your local election office by mail, hand-delivery, email, or fax, or submit your application through the Mail-in Ballot Application System;
- Vote by filling out your ballot when it arrives;
- Return your ballot to your local election office or drop box to ensure your vote is counted.
Applications must reach your local election office by October 28 for the State General Election.
State General Election ballots need to be postmarked no later than November 3 and must be back at your local election office no later than November 6. Click here to find your election office or a vote by mail Dropbox.
Apply early, in order to have enough time to return your ballot. You can check the status of your ballot at trackmyballot.com.
All registered voters should have received a ballot application in the mail by now. If you did not receive your ballot application, go here to download an application. For more information on voting by mail, see the Sectary of Commonwealth’s page on Voting by Mail FAQs.
To allow for greater flexibility during the 2020 election cycle, the criteria for being a poll worker has been revised. If you are interested in becoming a poll worker, click here for further information.
2020 Ballot Questions
- LWVMA 2020 Ballot Question Positions
- 2020 Ballot Question Resources
- Ballot Question Guidelines for Local Leagues
- Massachusetts Information for Voters 2020 Ballot Questions (Sectary of Commonwealth)
Election 2020 Materials–Download and Print
- Vote411 poster (download and print)
- Vote411 postcard (download, print, and distribute)
- Major provisions of the new election bill (informational handout)
- Vote411 Yard Sign
- LWVMA’s Voter Email Hotline: email@example.com
- Massachusetts Voter Table Toolkit